Wednesday 8 February 2017

Second set of books

We did it! We made it through the first month! We actually ended up part way into February, because we chose to read the sequel to one of the books as well as Adulthood is a Myth, putting us up to 6 books instead of the 4 we had previously selected, but we're actually pretty much on schedule!

The next set of books are:

7. Tarkin, by James Luceno.
                This one was Mikie's pick, the story of the only person who ever seemed to have any real control over Darth Vader. It'll be the first Star Wars novel I've ever read!
This will be the first Star Wars novel I've read in a little more than a decade. I've always been interested in knowing some more about the Imperial side of the Empire. Tarkin might not have made it past Episode IV, but he was a pretty big deal in it. --Mikie

8. Alanna: The First Adventure, by Tamora Pierce
                 Alanna was my pick - I read these books when I was a child, and adored them. They were some of my favorites, and I love rereading them. Alanna was one of my heroes, and I always wanted to be her.

9. Two Boys Kissing, by David Levithan
                 Also one of my choices, I've been thinking about reading this book for aaaages - probably since I read Will Grayson, Will Grayson. It sounds ridiculous, and yet wonderful.

10. The Name of the Star, by Maureen Johnson
               Aaaalso one of my picks, Maureen Johnson is not only one of my favourite authors, but also one of my favourite humans. She's wonderful, and I've enjoyed everything she's ever written.


I'm super looking forward to our February selections! If you choose to read any of them with us, let us know what you think, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment