Sunday 1 January 2017

2017 Challenge

Hello any and all, and welcome to Cat and Mikie's book blog!

Starting the first week of January, 2017, Mikie and I will be attempting the 52 book challenge! We've already selected our 52 books, and we're going to try to post blogs about the books we read, to keep us accountable!

The first four books, for January, are:

1. Rebirth: War of Shadows, by Tyler Golec
                  Chosen by Cat: This is my former coworker and friend's published book!



2. Six of Crows, by Leigh Bardugo
                  Chosen by Cat: Six of Crows is a book I've been eyeing for months, but haven't gotten around to reading.



3. Soon I Will be Invincible, by Austin Grossman
                   Chosen by Mikie: A Superhero novel written entirely in prose.


4. In the Beginning, by Virginia Hamilton
                    Chosen by Mikie: Creation stories from all over the road.



I'm pretty excited about the books on our list, and I'm looking forward to getting back into really doing some reading! I'll try to keep posting little updates like this at the beginning of each month, so if anyone is interested in keeping up with us, or reading any of the books we're looking at, you'll be able to follow along with us!

-Cat
               
Y'all:

Mikie here. I started the #52BooksIn52Weeks challenge in 2016 because, though my love of reading has remained strong, my actual consumption of books has declined over the years. What a year of reading it has been!

At the time of this writing I'm wrapping up book 31 of 52--in other words, I've fallen short of the mark. Being the "it doesn't matter if it's half full or half empty, as long as there's something delicious in the glass" kind of guy that I am, I'm totally excited that I got through so many interesting and varied books this year (you can check that out here).

Now I'm super-stoked that Cat is also getting in on this. It's going to be an awesome year of reading!

--Mikie

No comments:

Post a Comment