Saturday 21 January 2017

Adulthood is a Myth


Adulthood is a Myth by Sarah Andersen


This is technically book #3 in this year's #52BooksIn52Weeks challenge, although it stretches the so-called "rules" of the challenge ever so slightly (there is no narrative arc to this collection of whimsy).

I have seen many "Sarah's Scribbles" comics on the Internet in the past, but this is the first time I've read an entire collection of them. I enjoyed it so much that I pre-ordered the next set on Comixology.
--Mikie


While in Cambodia earlier this year, I started reading Adulthood is a Myth, and thought it was adorable. The book is, as Mikie said, a collection of Sarah Anderson's comics, but it's very fun and quick to read. The comics take real situations and provide a way of looking at them with a sense of humour. They're cute and often hilarious. 
I recommended that Mikie read it, especially since we're a week behind on our challenge (Six of Crows is so looong), and though it may not count as a 'book', it's still worth talking about!
Well worth the read, especially if you enjoy Sarah's Scribbles at all! 
-Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment