Friday 5 May 2017

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency


by Douglas Adams

Oh my gosh, you guys, it's been so long. We've just (this week) finished Dirk Gently - this book took us (well, me, really) almost a whole month to read. This book was fabulous, but it takes a lot of patience. I genuinely had no idea what was going on for the first three quarters of the book. No joke - my kindle was at 75% by the time I got fully sucked into this book. Once it gets to that point, though, it's SO GOOD. I got to 75% on Tuesday, and finished the book on Thursday, after spending three weeks reading the first bit.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency is one of the most bizarre books I've ever read - knowing that it's by Douglas Adams, is anyone really surprised? Even when everything started coming together there was no logical progression - I couldn't predict any part of that book. Now that I've finished, and enjoyed it, next up may be the TV show!
-Cat

I haven't read this book in many many suns. I think I enjoyed it just as much on this reading as I did on the first. Douglas Adams weaves a wonderfully weird tale full of interesting characters and extraordinary situations, all wrapped up in his signature writing style. Now that we've read this we can start watching the series on Netflix! Huzzah!
--Mikie

P.S. Next book on our list is The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton!

No comments:

Post a Comment